Big 12 Faculty Fellowship Program
To enhance faculty collaboration, the chief academic officers of the Big 12 universities created a Faculty Fellowship Program to stimulate scholarly initiatives. This initiative offers faculty the opportunity to travel to member institutions to exchange ideas and do research. Faculty visits will ordinarily be for two weeks, but longer visits are possible. The Fellowship Program has the following guidelines:
- A faculty member may visit any Big 12 university.
- The faculty member contacts a host unit (department, research center, etc.) that the individual wishes to visit and determines the unit's receptivity and available dates.
- The host unit formally invites the faculty fellow by sending a letter of invitation.
- The faculty member's home institution provides $2,500 toward transportation, room, and board.
- A minimum of six fellowships will be available annually from each university to be applied during the fall and spring semesters.
- After the visit, the faculty fellow will submit a brief report to the Office of the Provost describing the outcomes of the visit and offering suggestions for future planning.
- Faculty members will be responsible for arranging coverage of their duties at their home campus during their absence.
- The host unit will announce that the visitor is coming and the activities in which the person will engage.
- The visiting Faculty Fellow may consult with faculty and/or students, offer lectures or symposia, or engage in whatever activities are agreeable to the visitor and host institution.
- The Faculty Fellowship Program is not intended to be used in conjunction with outside employment opportunities.
- Applications should be submitted to the Office of the Provost.
- Please complete the application form and provide the following information:
- A current curriculum vitae
- Statement of how your duties will be covered in your absence
- Brief (one-page) description of the purpose and activities of your visit
- Letter of invitation from the host unit
- Statement of support from your department chairperson and/or dean
Applications can be submitted at any time and will be reviewed upon receipt.