Hiring Process for Faculty
Submit faculty position requests via the template available through your business officer when a position is vacated or a new line is desired.
Once the new position has been approved by the Provost's office, please complete the following steps:
1. Establish a search committee.
2. Establish search in Interfolio (please contact your college/school business officer if you have questions regarding Interfolio).
3. Pursue all possible means to identify and invite promising candidates to apply. This will be summarized in your submission of finalists to the Provost's office, and should not just confirm that appropriate channels have been followed, but also demonstrate that effort has been exerted to maximize the ability to locate candidates who are professionally excellent, mission-supportive, and diverse.
4. Attend one of the Faculty Search Seminars sessions hosted by the Provost's office (have the search chair, any or all search committee members, business officer, and the dean attend) on faculty hiring procedures.
5. Distribute the Office of General Counsel's Faculty Search Committees Guide to all faculty who may participate in interviewing/hosting candidates.
6. Use the pre-approved external advertising template.
7. Keep copies of all faculty position ads, and maintain a list of any URLs used during the search process. This is particularly important when a foreign national is hired because the ads may be used to aid the new hire in obtaining a green card.
8. Interfolio will secure and maintain appropriate affirmative-action information.
Refer to this document for Publications and Organizations for Job Postings. Baylor University has an institutional membership with several organizations, some of which have no-cost job board announcements.
Please refer to each of the following User Guides for processes and instructions when using Interfolio for hiring faculty: